Large pores, acne and blemishes, and an all-over shiny appearance are all noticeable signs of oily skin. Your skin’s oil production can increase for a number of reasons, including hormones, change in skin care routine and diet, and even a change in environment. When this occurs, help correct the issue by following these tips.
- Change your skin care. If your skin is showing signs of oiliness, you may want to change your skin care formula to one that specifically targets oiliness and acne. If your oil build-up is only concentrated in the “T” zone area, you may want to switch to the Normal to Oily SeneDerm SkinCare Collection. For those with oiliness all over, the Oily to Acne SkinCare Collection (US only) made with acne-fighting ingredients like salicylic acid will be an ideal option.
- Deep clean pores. Remove deep-seated impurities hidden within pores by applying Detoxifying & Moisturizing Mask 2-3 times a week. Kaolin clay absorbs impurities while volcanic ash gently exfoliates. Soothing green tea and arnica flower helps counteract redness to ensure it does not cause irritation to acne-inflamed skin.
- Moisturize. When skin is deprived of moisture, your body compensates by producing more oil. Keep skin moisturized by using DayTime Moisturizer and Evening Moisturizer (choosing a formula that best suits your skin type). Add extra hydration without clogging pores by spritzing oil-free Hydrating Facial Serum Mist anytime throughout the day.
- Use non-comedogenic cosmetics. Non-comedogenic products are made so that they do not clog pores. MakeSense Color Correcting Tinted Moisturizer and MakeSense Foundations work to hide flaws without clogging pores for clearer skin.
- Absorb oil with powder. Apply Translucid Powder in Natural to help absorb oil and eliminate shine after applying your makeup. This will help keep oil under control and keep your face looking fresh throughout the day.