Makeup brushes get used often as part of our daily beauty routine, but how frequently should we spend time cleaning them?
Dermatologists and makeup artists recommend that we wash our makeup tools at least once a week to prevent bacteria buildup and unwanted skin breakouts. Regular cleaning will also make your brushes last longer.
To clean your brushes, follow these simple steps:
- Wet the bristles of your brush with lukewarm water (never soak them)
- Squeeze a small amount of SenseCosmetics Brush Cleaner directly into a clean cup.
- Swirl the bristles of the brush around in the cleaner for 20 seconds (or longer if needed).
- Rinse your brush completely with water, and dry with a clean towel.
- Reshape the brush head, and let the bristles hang off the edge of a counter – which will allow the brush to dry in the correct shape.
Note: Make sure to keep the base of the brush head away from the cleaner solution or water to avoid ruining the glue and having bristles coming loose or shedding.