Life, leadership, and living with purpose can be really hard sometimes! Human beings have human being problems that they have to deal with. People sometimes just don’t feel like doing what they are supposed to. Moms sometimes don’t want to clean the house and pick up after everyone in the free world. What separates the successful leaders of the world and everyone else is that they do it anyway.
“Sometimes you just have to suck it up and play like a champion anyway.” -ME!
Regardless of how you feel, you really do need to suck it up and take action. Push past your comfort zone and do the things that scare you. Your business, life, or relationship all take work regardless of how you feel. A good business woman can separate her feelings from her business pursuits.
A couple years back, my brother passed away unexpectedly. It was devastating to the whole family. I’m 1 of 5 kids and it was the first time anyone that close to me passed away. Sometimes I wanted to just curl up in a corner and hide in the house. We all had to have conversations with people that we didn’t want to have. We all were in a bit of shock. Despite all of that, I still had a business to run. I still had to feed my kids. I still had a team relying on me if they needed some help. I still had to put my game face on and play like a champion.
I want to offer you 6 ways to help you play like a champion!
- Remember your “Why”! Why are you doing what you are doing? If you don’t know what you are working towards and why you are doing it, then playing like a champion will be hard.
- Take your biggest goals, then break them down into mini more attainable goals. Mini goals will take you towards your bigger one step by step. Mini goals seem more feasible AND it’s fun to celebrate the small things.
- Spend 1/3 of your time working on personal development. IF you are not happy with YOU, then being a champion is harder. Build confidence, do yoga, read, and find your peace for at least 15 minutes each day. Trust me, this makes a difference.
- Find the fun! What is it that you love about what you do? Focus on the things that you love, then the things that seem harder aren’t as hard.
- Focus! Are you trying to do too many businesses or projects all at once? Trust me things will fall through the cracks. Find the one thing you want to be great at, then focus on that. I would rather be great at 1 thing, then less than mediocre at many things.
- Breathe…Most things are not that scary. Most things are fixable. You start each day new which means more possibilities. Be kind to yourself. Keep your problems small and keep your business simple. If you over complicate things, then you will have a harder time playing like a champion.
Remember the things you are good at. Use those to help you propel yourself into legendary status! You are worth the success. You are worth being heard because you have invaluable points to make. Champions are legendary! Everyone remembers legendary.